Once you’ve booked your self-storage unit, here’s some useful tips to help you pack your self-storage unit:
- Prior to putting your belongings into a self-storage unit make a list of all the items you’re putting into storage and keep it for reference.
- Pack as much of your belongings in strong boxes as this will make stacking them easier allowing you to make the most of the space. Boxes and other packaging materials are available to purchase from our website.
- Put your heaviest boxes and any bulky items into your storage unit first.
- If there’s anything that you will need regular access to set these aside, and position any items that you will need regular access to at the front of the unit.
- If you’re going to need regular access to most of your items in your unit, then leave an aisle in the unit.
- Clearly identify fragile and delicate items, and make sure the labels can be easily seen.
- If you’re storing furniture, store sofas and mattresses on end, and stack chairs on top of each other, as this will help you to minimise the amount of space you need.
- Make the most of empty spaces. Don’t leave wardrobes, chest of drawers, laundry baskets or suitcases empty. Fill those spaces with items such as clothing or bedding.
- Take care to safely pack any sharp objects such as gardening tools to avoid accidents, and clean any outside equipment before putting it into storage.
- When all your items are in, cover with a dust sheet to keep them clean and protected.
We hope you find these tips useful, do let us know if you’ve got any more self-storage packing tips to share!